Texas State Highway 114 was planned originally as connector by 1926
The route was planned originally as connector by 1926, remained changed little until 1973, was extended to the New Mexico border, passes through Smyer and Levelland through Whiteface. The route runs on Byron Nelson Boulevard, was created in 1991, went east from an intersection along Halsell Avenue. The highway passes through Grapevine and Southlake through Westlake, becomes the John W. Carpenter Highway. Business State Highway 114-H was located between 1991 in Bridgeport. Another segment of BS 114-H redesignated on the state highway system.