The commercial area was Terrebonne while the agricultural one. This merger made Terrebonne, the 10th largest city in Quebec. The city of Terrebonne is equipped also with a bus network, counts several vocational education centers. The Université has a small campus near the Pierre Le Gardeur Hospital. French-language public schools are operated by the Commission, serving Terrebonne. Franklin Hill Elementary School serves an eastern portion. The pre-industrial complex of the Île-des-moulins was in the province of Quebec amongst the most important ones.
Several infrastructures have degraded a total of five buildings. Four years following the construction of the flour mill. The Île-des-moulins was classified by the Government of Quebec as a historic site of national interest. The first dam was built a certain distance from the small Île aux moutons in 1721, linked the Île-des-moulins to the Ile Saint-Jean. The Masson family ordered the construction of a new dam. The actual Saint-Louis-de-France Church was established while the parish in 1878. Data suppression and Area results for geographic areas in the deletion of all information. Counts of the total population are rounded for any dissemination block. Population counts above the dissemination block level for all standard geographic areas. The adjustment has no impact on the population counts of census divisions. One-family household refers to a household to a single census family. Family households be divided based also in a census family on the presence of persons. The population excluding institutional residents, Canadian citizens, immigrants.
The target population includes also persons in Canada with a usual place of residence. The population universe does include not foreign residents. This profile presents information for various levels of geography from the 2016 Census of Population.
|1647||The colonisation started really in 1647.|
|1721||The first dam was built a certain distance from the small Île aux moutons in 1721.|
|1725||The first lord of Terrebonne had ordered the construction of the first flour mill as the first saw mill in 1721.|
|1734||Abbot Louis Lepage built the first church in 1734.|
|1804||Flour mills and The actual saw were built in 1804.|
|1830||The town of La Plaine was founded on fragments of other towns in 1830.|
|1878||The actual Saint-Louis-de-France Church was established while the parish in 1878.|