Szikszó is a small town in Northern Hungary in Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén county, was mentioned first in 1280 in documents, belonged to the estate of the Aba clan. 1370 Aba Estates became the property of King Sigismund. The Gothic church of the town was built also around this time. The citizens fortified the strongest building of the town, the church. The 1679 town witnessed another battle, this time against the imperial army of the Habsburgs. The Treaty of Trianon became part of Czechoslovakia held this rank until the unification of the three counties.