The house was rebuilt largely for William Thoyts in 1800, was paid by William G Watson for in 1910, became the headquarters of the Berkshire Constabulary was transformed by Crafts architect Edwin Lutyens and Arts in 1906. The house was extended by Lutyens, is. The active village hall is halfway down the road Sulhamstead Hill. The singer-songwriter Kate Bush lived for several years in a large canalside home. Omer's Gully Wood is next to the north-west corner of more populous Burghfield Common village.
The most part is owned by the Local Authority by the remainder and the Englefield Estate. The woodland has been well coppiced in the past for firewood, links up by Omers Brook with other woodland. The Drive s Booth side was altered in the 19th century. The 2nd garden is an old pump, the head of the cistern.
|1744||Sulhamstead House was built by son of the Basingstoke brewer by Daniel May.|
|1800||The house was rebuilt largely for William Thoyts in 1800.|
|1856||The pond was made in 1856.|
|1867||The gas house was built in 1867.|
|1881||A congregational chapel was built in place of an older chapel in 1881.|
|1906||The house was transformed by Crafts architect Edwin Lutyens and Arts in 1906.|
|1910||The house was paid by William G Watson for in 1910.|
|2004||The singer-songwriter Kate Bush lived for several years in a large canalside home.|