1929 Ohligs became part of Solingen manufactures were hardware and cutlery. World War II was destroyed completely in 1944 by an air raid of the British air force. The population received again a large boost through the incorporation of Ohligs on 1929 08 1. The number of inhabitants peaked with the 2006 population figure and 177899 residents in 1971. The figures are derived from numbers and census estimates. Solingen Hauptbahnhof is served from Düsseldorf Airport Station and Düsseldorf by Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn line S1.
The Rhein-Wupper-Bahn runs over the Gruiten, has been operated by National Express. The network was a conversion of the previous tram services. 6 lines are in operation, are served the newer lines and every ten minutes, every half-hour. Burg is also home to the world's only trolleybus turntable. The new section use diesel engine of electricity as no overhead wires. The nearest Airports are Cologne and Düsseldorf Airport. The Protestant Reformation made gradually gains in the city. The Catholic community was endowed newly in 1658 by the local lord. Lutherans had been present since the beginning of the 17th century in Solingen. The Reformation was introduced also in 1590 in Gräfrath. The exception of the free churches belong to the Church District of Solingen. Müngsten Bridge connecting Solingen with the neighbour town of Remscheid. The Solingen Alligators are softball club and a baseball from Solingen. The club was founded in 1991, has played there in every season, claims over 250 members, advertises as a representative of the entire Bergisches Land region.
The team plays home games at both Solingen's Klingenhalle. An unconfirmed family tradition says that the highly skilled Stutenbeckers. The company began producing automobiles recovered by the late 1930s from the depression, was rare among major auto producers, did do not proper engineering. The first Studebakers concentrated in 1904 on electrics. &8220; bullet-nose and &8221; gave the company, a reputation for advanced styling. Addition did permit not adequate drainage from the cars and fender wells. Sherwood Egbert and the 1960s early Loewy came again up with a striking design. Cooper owns still the rights to the Studebaker nameplate. Products have attracted business from all corners of the globe. The Product Design Forum displays exemplary models of design, craftwork and manufacture. The Corkscrew Trail is a long green belt through the town. The old railway line has been turned into a popular trail, links interesting destinations in the middle of town.
|1067||Solingen was mentioned first by a chronicler in 1067.|
|1590||The Reformation was introduced also in 1590 in Gräfrath.|
|1658||The Catholic community was endowed newly in 1658 by the local lord.|
|1701||The Catholic community was endowed newly in 1658 by the local lord.|
|1843||A new synod was established in 1843 in Solingen.|
|1897||107 m was constructed in 1897.|
|1904||The first Studebakers concentrated in 1904 on electrics.|
|1929 08 1||The population received again a large boost through the incorporation of Ohligs on 1929 08 1.|
|1944||World War II was destroyed completely in 1944 by an air raid of the British air force.|
|1971||The number of inhabitants peaked with the 2006 population figure and 177899 residents in 1971.|
|1981||The system were opened in 1981.|
|1991||The club was founded in 1991.|