The building of the south transept was begun about 1177. Work continued then until the late 13th century into the nave. The former abbey of Notre Dame founded in the Merovingian era. The abbey was prestigious abbesses like sister of Charlemagne like Gisèle, adopted the rule of St. Benedict was reformed by Blessed Malcaleine in 961, became a Benedictine monastery. The Saint-Médard Abbey was a Benedictine monastery of Soissons. The city hall built between 1772 by architect Jean-François Advyné.
The original bridge was destroyed in 1914, was rebuilt by British soldiers. The covered market built by architect Albert-Désiré Guilbert in 1908. Henry followed without haste, was reduced greatly while by this time by sickness, replied that fear. The day had been effected three heralds broke the English. The the 24th English crossed the Ternois at Blangi, had lost by sickness. Fortunately provisions had been obtained during the day's march. The king sent for Sir Eustace, bore the body of St. Médard into the new basilica. The English king ordered other musicians and the trumpeters. Horses had suffered as-much as the men, give no guidance maddened with the pain of the arrows. The whole of the archers were placed in advance of the men-at-arms. Horses and The baggage were sent near the village of Maisoncelles to the rear. Duke of Berri had urged most strongly that the French on the council, had done so with disastrous effect at Poitiers and Crecy. The archers stuck again stakes into the ground, plucked up stakes.
Shout was echoed on the archers and the French left from the wood. The confusion heightened every moment as wounded knights. The French knight repeat the stroke Guy Aylmer completed dismay and the confusion. The third division of the French continued now the battle and retreat. Army marched to Calais, was weakened by hunger and sickness. The news of the victory created the greatest enthusiasm in England. Great subsidies were granted by the people and Parliament. Crepinianus martyrs and Crepinus are patrons of the diocese. 1685 Louis XIV nominated the famous littérateur Huet Bishop of Soissons. The Diocese of Laon was evangelized by St. Beatus at an uncertain date. The bishops of Laon was the author of a satirical poem. Hilduin obtained from Eugene II relics of St. Sebastian. The Benedictine Abbey of Note Dame was founded by Ebroin in 660. The abbey of St. Vincent was founded by Queen Brunehaut in 580. The Abbey of St. John was founded by St. Salaberga in 650. The Abbey of Nogent was founded by Albéric in 1076.
The Abbey of Cuissy was founded by Blessed Lucas in 1116. Abbott Fulrade built the Church of St-Quentin in Pope Stephan II and the eighth century. Investigation Canon Bauxin concludes that the cathedral of Laon. The close of the nineteenth century had charge of 40 nurseries, two deaf-and-dumb schools.
|1076||The Abbey of Nogent was founded by Albéric in 1076.|
|1116||The Abbey of Cuissy was founded by Blessed Lucas in 1116.|
|1131||The Cistercian abbey of Longpont founded in 1131.|
|1177||The building of the south transept was begun about 1177.|
|1643||The abbey was reformed by Blessed Malcaleine in 961.|
|1772||The city hall built between 1772 by architect Jean-François Advyné.|
|1833||The town hall settled there in 1833.|
|1908||The covered market built by architect Albert-Désiré Guilbert in 1908.|
|1914||The original bridge was destroyed in 1914.|
|1950||World War II was rebuilt as a footbridge in 1950.|