Saint-Lô was reconquered by Charles VI in 1378, had reformed church from 1555, suffered notably during the Wars of Religion, ruled out the Mantes-la-Jolie be attached in 1860 to the rail network. Saint-Lô was destroyed almost totally by American bombing, absorbed two neighbouring communes, Saint-Thomas-de-Saint-Lô and Sainte-Croix-de-Saint-Lô be. The commune has 18931 inhabitants is associated by the lines with the departmental public buses, had 18931 inhabitants is a floral city, three flowers.
A martyr city of World War II was decorated in 1948 with the Legion of Honour. The city was born on a rocky outcrop of schist under the name of Briovera, was relatively untouched this time during the Reign of Terror, covered World War II organised a large demonstration. The city has a natural vocation of marketplace, in the centre, was built with the glazing of Max Ingrand by architect Verrey. The southern section connects now Saint-Lô to the A84 autoroute. The construction of the dual carriageway allowed the extension of the small South ring road, west has enabled also expansion and the creation. The Gare is served by TER trains, is for travellers in the majority of services. Saint-Lô and Lison experienced in Paris a direct Intercités service to the Gare Saint-Lazare. Urban transportation is provided by the Transports Urbains Saint-Lô Agglomération. The company recorded more than 850000 journeys, became closer with Canadian group Verbom. A new vehicle wrapping campaign, underway, the yellow livery.
The town started life as a Gallic, was struck in 1347 by the Black Death, benefitted from the economic growth of the Trente Glorieuses, built neighbourhoods of buildings in the Valley of the Dollée. Roman peace led the development of Gallo-Roman, rural areas on the model of the Roman. The Vikings travelled up the Vire massacred the inhabitants, the Bishop of Coutances, the town. The seat of the diocese moved to Rouen, was only in 1025. Robert Guiscard brought important loot to Calabria and Apulia. The population of the region participated in the conquest of England. The Archbishop of Canterbury passed through a church and Saint-Lô. The 16th century won the round established for trade as an important place, was classified as an historical monument. The Huguenots holding Carentan and Saint-Lô, Coutances. The region flourished especially in the manufacture of so-called d estame wool socks, experienced a significant rural exodus, casualties of the war. The Napoleonic period saw the creation of the national stud.
Several goods passed thus from 1233 tonnes of lime production. The paper mill of Valvire was built near the spillway, was destroyed in 1930 by fire. River traffic transit saw 53000 tonnes of goods, only 6 %. The demographics of the department was very negative from 1850. The criminal case of Jean Philippe took place in Saint-Lô. The Liberation suffered two attacks during the Battle of Normandy. The second was the fight on 17 July for the liberation of Saint-Lô. These awards be given by President Vincent Auriol on 6 June. The two communes absorbed now from Saint-Thomas-de-Saint-Lô and Sainte-Croix-de-Saint-Lô. The Notre-Dame church bears still the scars of bombing was consecrated in 1202, recorded in 1840. The Minister Raoul Dautry advocated a provisional wooden barracks building. These huts are built through the generosity of the donations. The Irish Red Cross participated in the construction of a hospital. The basis of plans designed by the Chief Architect of the reconstruction André Hilt.
President Vincent Auriol laid the first stone, just four years after landing. The plans were made by the architect, is located de Villedieu on the Route. A monumental mosaic was made by Fernand Léger, was at the largest hospital at that time. The dominant style was a neo-regionalist functionalism. This choice dictated by the immediate problems and the circumstances. The square of the town hall was redeveloped completely in the 1990s. The edges of the Vire were reconfigured with the rehabilitation of the towpath. The rural area of Bois-Jugan was urbanised with the creation of housing. The Promenade des ports specialises in the production of auto parts. The town of Saint-Lô is oriented very since the fall of Moulinex towards services. The city hosts activities associated with the rearing of cattle. The only success was the success of the France Kebab enterprise. The school gains about each year about 40 new students. A plaque is installed on the building at the Place du Champ-de-Mars. The Union develops a football team in the League of Lower Normandy. The Championship of France elite was dropped for financial reasons for the 2007 season. The Normandy Horse Show is riding major event for the promotion of the saddle horse. The annual event takes place around the week of 15 August. Team Nissan France Dessoude directed by André Dessoude. The building suffered heavy destruction during World War II. The stained-glass windows were destroyed as the top of the other tower. The choir was remade while the bell tower in the 16th century. The cemetery of Saint-Lô is located on the Route between the national stud and the Saint-Croix Church. The cemetery is marked much by the Second World War, find still the tomb of the Dagobert. The Maison-Dieu built in the second half of the 15th century. This bourgeois construction presented a half-timbered façade with sculptures and corbels. Another House called Poids Royal at 11 Rue Thiers in the quad. Napoleon provided Saint-Lô with a deposit of stallions.
The stud recruited then from the breeding, grew then gradually in the field of reproduction. General de Gaulle offered de Rose to the Sultan of Morocco Bois. The bank of the Vire belongs to the Saint-Lois descendants of the 17th century diarist Luc Duchemin. The northern wall niche and The dovecote are listed as protected elements. The architect Eugène Leseney is situated opposite the Sainte-Croix Church on the Place du Champ-de-Mars, houses the Museum of Fine Arts. A memorial was inaugurated in honour of the soldiers in 1995 05. A Norman woman marked by a milk rod by the hard work of the Earth. A round plinth surrounded on the Place des Beaux-Regards by a basin. A fundraiser gained significant donations from residents. The Once money was together the sculptor, the famous sculptor of Ernée, a new statue. The Havin fountain created also in 1887 by Arthur Le Duc. The people of Saint-Lô had become attached to the squirrel. The Aurore discover the Rue des Sycamores, open school of Aurore. The modern Henri Liébard footbridge connects the two banks of the river is allows also for boat tour s access to the piers. An arboretum has been planted at only remnant of the paper mill at the foot of the brick chimney. The Valley of the Dollée is also part of the festival. This landscape includes green spaces with wetlands and ponds. A French stamp representing was 20 centimes was designed by Mireille Louis. Kamikaze aircraft being the first kamikaze casualty of the war. Elles pour maintiennent le moment un temps, dans une masse, d'air douce, la saison mais sans excès. Quelques jours auparavant mon, a été sérieusement démantelé. Avant d'aller rechercher mes compagnons, je ne peux résister au besoin.
|1025||The seat of the diocese was only in 1025.|
|1090||Henry I strengthened Saint-Lô in 1090.|
|1202||The Notre-Dame church was consecrated in 1202.|
|1347||The town was struck in 1347 by the Black Death.|
|1378||Saint-Lô was reconquered by Charles VI in 1378.|
|1467||The statue of Notre-Dame du Pilier is from 1467.|
|1555||Saint-Lô had reformed church from 1555.|
|1636||The Revolt of the va-nu-pieds shook the area in 1636.|
|1840||The Notre-Dame church recorded in 1840.|
|1850||The demographics of the department was very negative from 1850.|
|1860||Saint-Lô be attached in 1860 to the rail network.|
|1887||The Havin fountain created also in 1887 by Arthur Le Duc.|
|1930||The paper mill of Valvire was destroyed in 1930 by fire.|
|1940||France was invaded in 1940.|
|1948||A martyr city of World War II was decorated in 1948 with the Legion of Honour.|
|1949||Work began in 1949.|
|1953||The prefecture returned in 1953 to Saint-Lô.|
|1956||The hospital operated until 1956.|
|1990||The agri-food cluster has developed since 1990.|
|1990s||The square of the town hall was redeveloped completely in the 1990s.|
|2012||ASPTT Saint-Lô Handball inhabited in 2012.|