The Originally community was named Richland in 1873 Richland. The small town was incorporated on 1888 04 6, experienced first growth spurt. Southern California is known well for year-round pleasant weather. Coastal Torrance receives slightly less rainfall while the mountains. The Historic District was listed in 1997 on the National Register of Historic Places. The Old Towne Preservation Association is a non-profit organization. The population density was 5,404.7 people per square mile, is 5,506.4 inhabitants per square mile.
77179 people lived in 52984 people and owner-occupied housing units. Historically has been primarily home to a wide variety of antique shops. A more recent trend has brought clothing boutiques features also two Starbucks locations, mirroring on Wells Fargo bank on opposite ends of the plaza. The Woman's Club built in 1923, celebrating 72nd year in April. Labor Day Weekend plays host to the Orange International Street Fair. The former Atchison is remaining sole fruit packing operation in Orange County. The eastern areas of Orange are served by Foothill Toll Roads and the Eastern. Henry E. Huntington acquired the company under the auspices of the Los Angeles Inter-Urban Railway. Passenger service operated by Huntington's Pacific Electric Railway. The route provided in direct competition freight service to the local citrus growers, become part of the railroad. The Orange Metrolink station's platform is situated adjacent in the downtown Historic District to the former Santa Fe depot. The former Santa Fe mainline links the cities of Los Angeles, San Diego and Riverside via a junction north of the station.
John Wayne Airport provides scheduled daily airline service for the area. The Lycée International had previously Orange County campus in Orange.
|1886||The Santa Fe laid first tracks in 1886 through Orange.|
|1888 04 6||The small town was incorporated on 1888 04 6.|
|1923||The Woman's Club built in 1923.|
|1997||The Historic District was listed in 1997 on the National Register of Historic Places.|
|2001||The Orange campus had 75 students in 2001.|