350 BC founded a permanent settlement was given the name of Nikaia over the neighbouring Ligurians in honour of a victory. The country has also the third busiest airport after the two main Parisian ones in France, is. The ruins of Cemenelum are in a now district of Nice in Cimiez. The 7th century joined Nice the Genoese League saw the arrival of modern transportation. The Middle Ages participated Nice in history and the wars. The east side of the town was protected on Castle Hill by fortifications.
Another river flowed on the east side of Castle Hill into the port. Monoprix are excavated remains of a well-defended city gate from Turin on the main road. 1561 Emmanuel Philibert abolished the use of Latin as an administrative language. The nearby town of Villeneuve-Loubet concluded a ten years's truce. Nice was taken briefly by the Duke of Guise, sought many further shelter in North and Morocco in the French colonies, is symbolised on white background by a red eagle, was urbanised the coastline at Nice. The Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle were again in possession. The Treaty of Turin was signed between Napoleon III and the Sardinian king in 1860. Savoy was transferred also by similar means to the French crown. The second half of the 20th century enjoyed Nice an economic boom. The arrival of the Pieds-Noirs gave also the city, a boost. Local Chief Prosecutor Éric alleged that some judicial cases. A controversial official report stated later that Montgolfier. The three mountains symbolise a territorial honour for geographic realism without concern.
The Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region is the prefecture and a commune. Christian Estrosi was elected in 2008 as mayor, was reelected in 2014 04 for a second term, is a member of the Republicans, the party, former President Nicolas Sarkozy resigned in 2016 06. Rainfall is rare in a typical July month and this season. The climate data is recorded from just located metres from the airport. Winters are characterised by variable weather and cool nights by mild days. The natural vegetation of Nice is typical with a heavy representation of broadleaf evergreen shrubs for a Mediterranean landscape. Large native tree species include evergreens as stone as holm oak. Tourists is the most second popular French city after a fact after Paris. The park is named after the wife of French Senator Pierre Laffitte after Sophie Glikman-Toumarkine. Today is the principal harbour installation of Nice, night and alive day. The port is the first port cement manufacturer in France. Nice Côte d'Azur Airport is the most third important airport after Charles in France.
A helicopter service provided by Monacair and Heli Air Monaco, is run by the Chamber of Commerce, is Hervé. Several suburban stations including Nice St-Augustin, Nice Riquier and Nice St-Roch. A metro-like suburban service is provided also on the southern part of the line. Tramway de Nice began operating horse-drawn trams in 1879. The Route nationale and The A8 autoroute linking Marseille with Italy. The Promenade des Anglais is a promenade along the Baie des Anges. The first houses were located from the sea on higher ground. The city of Nice intrigued by the prospect of a pleasant promenade. Another place mentioning is worth the small street parallel to the Promenade des Anglais. Old Nice is de Nice also home to the Opéra, was constructed at the end of the 19th century. The Place Masséna is the main square of the city, a two-minute walk, a also large crossroads from old town from the Promenade des Anglais. The square was divided thus in 1824 into two parts, was built at the end of the 18th century, took several names between 1780, is a also junction of several important streets to the presence of the city clock.
The square gives a magical aspect. The recent rebuilding of the tramline gave the square to the pedestrians, is lined with stone pines and palm trees. Great public events is used during the summer festivals for concerts. The Place Garibaldi is named after hero of the Italian unification after Giuseppe Garibaldi. The architecture is a crossroads with the Turin model in line. Day is invaded by the terraces of traditional restaurants. Place Rossetti is in streets Jesus in the centre of the old town. The Cours Saleya is situated parallel to the Quai des États-Unis, opens also on the Palais des Rois Sardes. Concerts occur frequently in this space, is situated halfway between Place Masséna and the Cours Saleya. Roughly 10 % of the population has foreign citizenship. The beginning of the 20th century intensified with the arrival of internal immigrants. The First World War had a strong increase in population. The Observatoire is located on the summit of Mont Gros. The observatory was established by the banker Raphaël Bischoffsheim in 1879. The architect was Gustave Eiffel and Charles Garnier, the main dome. The 76-cm refractor telescope was outperformed one year at the Lick Observatory by the 36-inch refractor. Many scientific activities take still place on Mount Gross on the Nice Observatory site. The 2nd century AD has attracted sculptors and many famous painters as Matisse as Chagall. The local language Niçard is an Occitan dialect is spoken still by a substantial minority. Mohammed VI obtained at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis. The material allowed in a style for the construction of an astonishing shape. Four pillars carry three strongly-curved cupolas, a truly breathtaking interior volume. The unique style of the church remains controversial with the inhabitants of the city. The inhabitants of the Nice region speak own distinct language, Niçard, an Occitan dialect. Search of extraordinary culinary experiences are in for a treat. All ethnicities participate in an open-chain community dance in the traditional farandole.
The thermoluminescence measurements were made on thin slices. Baby strollers are seen in Nice on the Promenade des Anglais. The witness said the only driver heard gunfire seemed like an accident, follows an earlier call by so-called Islamic State spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani.
|1550||Pestilence appeared again in 1550.|
|1696||Nicolas Catinat was restored in 1696 to Savoy.|
|1780||The square took several names between 1780.|
|1824||The square was divided thus in 1824 into two parts.|
|1860||The Treaty of Turin was signed between Napoleon III and the Sardinian king in 1860.|
|1879||Tramway de Nice began operating horse-drawn trams in 1879.|
|1930||The combined length of the network reached by 1930.|
|1948||The replacement of trams began in 1948.|
|2008||Christian Estrosi was elected in 2008 as mayor.|