Pier remnants be seen still today along with bollards along with pier remnants. Exbury parish is a low tract of fertile wooded land in the valley of the Beaulieu River. The eastern boundary runs the Dark Water, a narrow stream with steep high banks. The soil is the chief crops and loam, barley and wheat. The other means of communication are tracks and sandy lanes while the steep valley of the Dark Water across the fields. The little village of Exbury stands on the left of the main road amid thick trees.
This chapel was served from Beaulieu Abbey by the Cistercians, was pulled not down until 1827. Lepe House is occupied now by M.P. by Mr. H. W. Forster, facing the Isle of Wight. This second moiety of the manor was held by le Gras by Mabel. The death of John de Bettesthorne remained throughout the greater part of the fifteenth century in the hands of the Berkeley family. This grant was apparently only temporary for in a 1489 dispute. The manor was recovered by Sir William's sister Katherine. The church has bell-turret and a west gallery was William Mitford, the historian. Exbury was a chapelry of Fawley until 1863, was separated from the curate-in charge from Fawley.
|1291||The earliest mention of the chapel is in 1291.|
|1316||This second moiety of the manor was held by le Gras by Mabel.|
|1324||Andrew died in 1324.|
|1494||The next reference is in 1494.|
|1825||Lepe harbour had silted up by 1825.|
|1827||This chapel was pulled not down until 1827.|
|1863||Exbury was a chapelry of Fawley until 1863.|