Willoughby Bertie was composer and a music patron as a political writer. Haydn went to Vienna, set foot on 5000 gulden on English soil. A major choreographer seemed less brilliant although Jean-Georges Noverre. Marie-Madeleine Guimard consented for exorbitant fees to a short visit. Money changed probably also hands was styled then popularly Sir John Gallini. The fire had been set deliberately on Gallini and the roof. The village of Hampstead lies on either side of the Pang. The land rises from 270 ft.
from the lowest point, passed with the manor of Bradfield. The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley, wheat, oats and barley. Newbury branch of the Great Western railway opened in 1882 04. Oxford road and The Newbury crosses the corner of Langley township at the World's End. Various relics of the Stone Age have been found in the parish. Another large barrow stands at the north-east corner of Park Wood to the south of the village. The overlordship remained in the 1270 king with the Crown. Robert was the son of John de Muscegros, a daughter Hawise, only ten years of age at the time of the death, held this manor of Gilbert in the 13th century at the time of the Domesday Survey, married Laura died in 1296. John Norreys had acquired already the adjoining manor of Yattendon. Peregrine Bertie sold afterwards the manor to the Gallinis. John Andrea Gallini was holding Hampstead Norris in 1806. The time of Edward held ELING of the king was held in alod by Baldwin of the king. The manor was held by Bartholomew in the 13th century of the Earl Richard, was sold in 1876.
Bartholomew was holding the manor in 1287 in 1286, died before 1289. John and William were the sons of William sold apparently in 1522 the manor to Sir Richard Nevill Lord Latimer, was conveyed in 1560. The manor of WILĹE has been identified usually with the estate of Well House. The overlordship of this manor remained until about 1330 in the hands of the king. This 1355 rent was purchased by Isabel widow of Sir John de Brumton. Richard was about twenty-one years of age, is also probable that the estate. Other lands known as the manor of BOTHAMPSTEAD, held these lands. Gilbert married Roesia Countess of Lincoln, Earl of Lincoln. Richard Head married Elizabeth daughter of Dr. John Wallis was knighted in Suffolk in 1744, was buried in 1779 at Hampstead Norris. Walter James Head James was created a baronet in 1791, was holding the manor in 1806. The year 1880 was restored chancel arch and the vestry, the restoration of windows. The chancel has two 13th-century lancet windows, an early 15th-century timber roof in the east wall.
The east end of the north wall is an aumbry, a modern two-centred drop arch with a square head and a central mullion with rebated jambs. The south wall are two single lights, two windows like the opposite lancet. The east end of this wall is a trefoil-headed pillar piscina with a very small basin, are the stairs to the former rood-loft. Moulded bases has detached octagonal jamb shafts with moulded bases. The south-east is a splayed projection, an original angle. The west wall of the ground stage is a late 15th-century doorway under a square head with fourcentred arch and moulded jambs. The north face of the bell-chamber is a window of two trefoiled lights under a four-centred head. South windows and The west have plainer jambs and two-centred heads. The 15th-century north porch has a window under a square head in each side wall of two trefoiled lights. Chancel walls and The nave are covered with flint chip plaster. Relief has a kind of moulding in the centre at a small cross paty and the terminations.
Many other paintings was found under the whitewash at the restoration. The advowson descended until 1622 in the Norreys family, was subdivided like the rest of the property, have been found in documents. Nathaniel Knight were conveyed by Nathaniel Knight in 1674, seem probable that the eventually whole estate. Mary married Henry Alexander, third Earl of Stirling, the Hon. Martin Sandys, fourth son of Samuel Lord Sandys was probably Judith's brother Robert Lee. Martin's daughter Mary inherited eventually the barony of Sandys. The annual income is expended in the purchase of five white fustian greatcoats in pursuance of the trusts. The parish of Yattendon lies in the valley of the Pang. The case was settled finally in 1291 in favour of Eleanor. John obtained immediately a charter of free warren on the vigil on a yearly fair and Tuesdays, was holding the fee in 1322. Sir William Norreys was knighted at the battle of Northampton, was Sheriff of Oxford. Another son of Henry was Sir John Norreys, kt. died in 1597. Francis Lord Norreys was made a knight of the Bath shot with a cross-bow. Free warren was granted here to the lord of Yattendon Manor. The west tower is with angle buttresses of two offsets in one stage. The belfry has a window of two trefoiled lights in the west wall within a square head. The south wall of the nave is a white marble tablet to the memory of Sir John Norreys. This bell dates probably from the 15th century, bears the early lion's head stop.
|1252||Peter had a grant of free warren in 1252.|
|1262||The death of Amice had died childless in 1262.|
|1275||Thomas de Clare had free warren in 1275.|
|1286||Bartholomew was holding the manor in 1287 in 1286.|
|1287||Bartholomew was holding the manor in 1287 in 1286.|
|1289||Bartholomew died before 1289.|
|1291||The case was settled finally in 1291 in favour of Eleanor.|
|1296||Robert died in 1296.|
|1315||John Ferrers died before 1315.|
|1322||John was holding the fee in 1322.|
|1330||The overlordship of this manor remained until about 1330 in the hands of the king.|
|1345||The course of the five next years died in 1345.|
|1350||John de Bures died in 1350.|
|1365||Sir Andrew sold share in 1365.|
|1381||John Duyn obtained in 1381.|
|1493||Thomas died seised in 1493.|
|1522||John and William sold apparently in 1522 the manor to Sir Richard Nevill Lord Latimer.|
|1560||John and William was conveyed in 1560.|
|1597||Another son of Henry died in 1597.|
|1622||The advowson descended until 1622 in the Norreys family.|
|1674||Nathaniel Knight were conveyed by Nathaniel Knight in 1674.|
|1744||Richard Head was knighted in Suffolk in 1744.|
|1779||Richard Head was buried in 1779 at Hampstead Norris.|
|1791||Walter James Head James was created a baronet in 1791.|
|1806||Walter James Head James was holding the manor in 1806.|
|1876||The manor was sold in 1876.|