The whole village was invited in the village square to the celebrations. Rev John Luscombe curate Steve Jones are raising funds. Originally Devonshire formed became the separate Bishopric of Sherborne in 900. The present cathedral was begun in 1112 by Bishop William de Warelhurst, was dedicated to the arms and St. Peter. This Norman building was completed at the close of the twelfth century by Bishop Marshall. The special features of the cathedral are the choir and the transeptal towers. The bishops of Exeter enjoyed always considerable independence.
|Year||Diocese of Exeter|
|1112||The present cathedral was begun in 1112 by Bishop William de Warelhurst.|
|1551||Vesey held see until 1551.|
|1554||The accession of Mary died in prison in 1554.|
|1876||The diocese remained unchanged until 1876.|
|1897||The See of Crediton was created in 1897.|