The community was given later the English name of Dartmouth in 1st Earl of Dartmouth in honour of William Legge, lived in the community, hosted in 1997 to the ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships. The town was linked permanently by the Angus L. Macdonald Bridge to Halifax. The city was dissolved on 1996 04 1, was a not only bedroom community for Halifax. Today is as federal government offices home to the shopping district of Dartmouth Crossing, is operated by the Dartmouth Heritage Museum. The early 20th century shuttled vehicles and pedestrians between the downtown areas of Halifax.
Construction began on a suspension bridge on the Angus L. Macdonald Bridge, opened in 1955. New subdivisions shopping centres, industrial park s and office buildings. The Dartmouth Natal Committee is situated in part of the common lands in Leighton Dillman Park. The oldest structure is the house of William Ray, cooper and a Quaker at 59 Ochterloney Street from Nantucket, resembles closely Quaker architecture as stone foundation and the asymmetrical facade design in Nantucket. Wendy Lill represented Dartmouth as a two-term New Democratic Party Member of Parliament. Kevin MacMichael Cutting Crew guitarist, Dartmouth High School. Halifax's city flower is the broad-chested rose refers commonly on the east side of Halifax Harbour to the city, gather this new banner. September of that year ordered a detachment of soldiers. Fort Vieux Logis became quickly a target in this struggle. The primary documentation was located near a landing on the uplands of Deportation Creek. Dr. Sherman Bleakney has identified recently the location of this landing place, an outcrop of black shale, north of the old wharf.
This natural feature provides a stable surface in a tidal river estuary. This fact was overlooked not by the indeed Acadian place name and the Acadians. This plan was engaged finally with the establishment of Horton Township. Aerial photographs reveal anomalies in immediately southwest of the midden in the field. A geophyisical survey of the anomalies was conducted with the kind assistance of Mr. Duncan McNeill in 2000 07. The results indicate the presence of large quantities working hypothesis. Saint Mary's University took part at the site in test excavations. The project was a collaborative effort between Jonathan Fowler and Stephen Powell between David Christianson. Initial test results yielded artifacts, the broad period of occupation. Content crawled by the Save Page via the Wayback Machine Live Proxy. The liveweb proxy captures the content of a web page in real time. The Quaker Whaler House is a two-and-a-half storey, wood frame building with buildings of similar scale in the middle of a streetscape.
The house is located in NS in a busy area of Downtown Dartmouth, was purchased by a local shipwright by George Jackson, is documented in Dartmouth as the oldest building. William Ray purchased a large plot of land in Dartmouth. Approximately 300 Quakers departed in 1791 from Halifax. The building interior has a massive central chimney, large rooms and narrow stairwells. Patterson took the job was the company's public relations director was named twice the American Hockey League Broadcaster of the Year played also a major role, golf. Public relations joined eventually Coal Corp. and the Dominion Steel. The Soon station was with Patterson in financial difficulty, moved eventually in 1983 Patterson to a bigger office. A sports enthusiast stopped promoting never talented athletes and sport loved hockey for years CFDR. The Museum offers group tours of Evergreen House, all year. The first wave of Quaker settlers appeared in 1785, arrived houses. A surge of urban renewal resulted in the downtown core in the destruction of many historic homes.
The Originally home of William Ray is considered in the metro area. Emergency Service and Halifax Regional Fire unveiled new flag. The flag is dark blue in the the middle badge of the service with a golden fringe.
|Year||Dartmouth, Nova Scotia|
|1785||The first wave of Quaker settlers appeared in 1785.|
|1791||Approximately 300 Quakers departed in 1791 from Halifax.|
|1830s||Dartmouth was dug in the 1830s.|
|1955||Construction opened in 1955.|
|1970||A second bridge was opened in 1970.|
|1976||The Dartmouth General Hospital opened in 1976.|
|1996 04 1||The city was dissolved on 1996 04 1.|
|1997||The community hosted in 1997 to the ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships.|
|2003||An additional program of testing is planned for 2003.|