England 1795 1624 Scheduled Ancient Monument Grade II Village Hall Chancel arch

Chertsey is a town, part of the London commuter belt

on Windsor Street. Chertsey features clocks by Henry Wale Cartwright and James Douglass by two local makers, made a fleeting appearance in the Moon in the 1964 classic film First Men, remains still a pleasant country town is served by Chertsey branch and the Weybridge, owned by Sir George Ayscue in 1651. This place appears as Cerotesege and Cirotisege in the 7th century, called by most antiquaries by the Britons Cas Gwent, obtained the also name Striguil derives name from the small river Chess. The nearby Hardwick Court Farm reduced now much in size.

The eighteenth-century Chertsey Bridge provides Chertsey Lock and an important cross-river link, a short distance is Grade II and a Scheduled Ancient Monument was built in the 18th century. The south west corner of the bridge is a bronze statue of local heroine Blanche Heriot, a bronze statue of local heroine Blanche Heriot. The original Chertsey railway station was built by Southampton Railway and the London. The Southern Railway completed electrification of the line. The town is situated pleasantly on the river Wye upon the Thames.the houses, is St. Ann's Hill, St. Anne's Hill from the Weybridge about three miles. The trade is principally in navy timber in flour and malt. The market chartered in 1559 by Queen Elizabeth, was granted in Chertsey to the abbey, was held on Mondays. The county magistrates hold.and other officers and headboroughs, hold petty-sessions, a meeting for every alternate Thursday for the division. The parish comprises about by computation about 10020 acres, measures about each way about 4 miles, was divided into tithings, is an now urban district.

The parish participated in the conflicts of the civil war, is situated on the road, is intersected in the northern portion. The living is a vicarage, a rectory, a perpetual curacy, a rectory, a rectory, a rectory, a rectory, a rectory, a rectory, a vicarage, a rectory, a donative rectory with the vicarage of Newington with a net income, is united to the vicarage of Higham-Ferrers, is discharged rectory, rectory, vicarage, rectory, vicarage. The church was built with money with money, has been built at Addlestone at Methodists and Addlestone and.Independents, was much rebuilt a formerly chapel of ease to the vicarage of Chesham in the 19th century, belonged to convent and the abbot. The church is a neat edifice, a small edifice, an ancient cruciform structure in the early English style with a handsome tower, considered in the county, was erected in 1745, contains a stained-glass window. A school was founded by Sir William Perkins in 1725, has a Sixth Form Centre merged successfully the two sites at the beginning of the year, has introduced a new timetable with a day with 5 modules.

A school was built in 1895. Profits and The tolls arising in fairs and the market from stallage. The poet Cowley lived in an ancient house for some time. Chertsey Regatta has been held for over 150 years on the river. The Similarly Olympic sport of rowing has an annual Burway Regatta above an area of former flood meadow above Chertsey Lock. The Burway was in the medieval period, faces Laleham Park, the largest municipal park of a neighbouring borough. A long history of metal working exists from a prosperous bell foundry from the 19th century. The Chertsey troop of the Berkshire Yeomanry occupied the Drill Hall since 1977 on Drill Hall Road. Elevation is generally low in 11m and the Town Centre at 14m. Chertsey bridge pictured on the Middlesex side of the river. St. Peter's Hospital has now a wide range and 400 beds. Hospital Radio Wey has been broadcasting to staff and the patients. Curfew House is four narrow houses west of the church, a taller red brick building. An open pediment are brick pilaster s with dentils.

with moulded wood cornice. Five sash windows make up the windows are all sash windows with bars. A large centre is arched with radial bars with impost blocks and stone keystone. Owner Joseph Mawbey had architect Kenton Couse, this substantial Georgian building. Upper windows have moulded architraves with cornices on 1st floor. Two fronts are prolonged by large modern additions in the same style. Entrance has a good hall with screen of four Ionic columns. Bournewood House is part of Bournewood Park Hospital, a central building in adjoining St Peter's Hospital in a large medical NHS trust. The north of this park is the main Thameside development, the Bridge Wharf estate. Allotments and Narrower parks interspersed by relatively few developments. The railway is open between October and May on Sunday afternoons. Sir William Perkins's School established originally in 1725 for girls and boys, founded a school for clothing and the education. The Salesian School is a state-funded school, Sixth Form College and a Catholic Secondary school with endowments. St. Anne's School is a Catholic Primary school in Free Prae road. A range of ministries is a town-centre Anglican church with a range of ministries. Lord Brabazon of Tara lived at Longcross at Grangewood. The England cricketer Ashley Giles was born in the 1970s in Chertsey. The England cricketer Richard Johnson was born in 1974 in Chertsey. English glamour model Charmaine Sinclair is originally from Chertsey. Musician Doug Walker was born in the 1970s in Chertsey. John Maddison Morton was living in Chertsey, was the basis for Arthur Sullivan's one-act comic opera Cox for F. C. Burnand's libretto. Edward Lear makes in A Book of Nonsense reference to Chertsey. Wellers Auctioneers has been featured in many daytime television programmes. Chertsey Television is a channel, an opportunity on the YouTube platform, broadcasts mostly local events across town as various parades and the Black Cherry Fair, gives also information about local upcoming events.

The old course of the Wey forms part of the eastern boundary. Eminences of the Bagshot Sand is only 240 ft. above the sea. This wooden bridge kept up by the counties of Middlesex, was designed by James Paine. Abbot John Rutherwyk rebuilt the bridge near the end of Guildford Street at Steventon End. A 1642 petition was made that a Mr. Boden by the gentry. The modern industries of the parish are agriculture, brick-making and much market gardening. Higher ground have been found in the Charterhouse Museum. This name appears in the charter, is a contraction of Chestershire. Almners Barns of the hill is the now residence of Major-General Berkeley. An 1800 Act was passed in the manors of Walton-on-Thames for inclosing land. A chapel was built in 1725 near the back of the Swan Inn, was added in 1868, dedicated to St. Anne. The value of the property left having increased largely a scheme. Thorpe be admitted if Chertsey children by the trustees. The whole schools were rebuilt in 1889, are Church of England schools by the scheme of the 1819 head master. Ottershaw Park is the seat of Mr. Lawrence James Baker, J.P.. Ongar Hill is the seat of Mr. Henry Cobbett belonged once to Admiral Sir Hyde Parker. Sayes Court was an old house, the property of a family, Moore became in Recorder of Bristol in the 1823 property of Sir Charles Wetherell. Another ecclesiastical district of Addlestone called Woodham. Woburn Park is the Roman Catholic College of St. George. The Village Hall was built by the Addlestone Village Hall Company in 1887. The Princess Mary Village Homes were established in 1871, are certified industrial schools for female children of prisoners, are conducted on the separate homes system. CHERTSEY BEOMOND and CHERTSEY was included in the original endowment. Confirmation of this charter was made by Edward by Alfred. The time of the Domesday Survey Chertsey was held as a manor by the abbey. The manor known by the name from about the 14th century, remained throughout the 18th century in the Crown, passed afterwards to the Hall family, was ancient demesne until the reign of Henry I. The manor descended to heir and Nicholas son, came soon afterwards into the possession of Sir Thomas Seyntleger. Gilbert Fitz Ralph held the latter of the abbey in 1197. Water-mills known in Chertsey as Okelake mills and the Oxlake, belonged to the abbey. This property included also the right of free fishery in water. Common lands includes Marleheath, New Lodge Heath and Childsey Common as common lands, are found in the 14th century, are in the western part on the eastern border. Convent and The abbot were responsible over the Thames for the repair of Chertsey Bridge. The 1630 inhabitants of Chertsey petitioned for the repair of Chertsey Bridge. Other records refer on St. Anne's Hill to a rabbit-warren. The surrender of the abbey remained until 1553 in the Crown. The old manor-house has been evidently rebuilt was built by Sir John Turner. The manor of Beomond had for a separate history for a short time. The 18th century Mrs. Pleasance Hall held the estate in 1763 for life. Thomas de Saunterre acting apparently for purposes of a settlement as trustee. Edward Cresswell's death had inherited the rest of the manor in 1623 07 on Edward Cresswell's death. 1741 Sir John Jennings's estates were sold under Woodham and a private Act. Ancient rentals of Woodham Manor were in 1795 in the custody of Mr. Sibthorp. The possession of Ottershaw appears de Croix that in 1270 Nicholas. Woodford died in 1758, became afterwards the property of Sir George Wood. 4 d was conveyed as a manor to Henry VIII, was granted in 1550. AMPNER's BARN was conveyed also by the abbot of Chertsey to the king. 1661 John Lyne petitioned for a lease of the same park. Each side are shallow cinquefoiled image niches of 15th-century date. South walls and the north are two bays of an arcade stands the Kingfisher pub. The chancel arch is contemporary with the side arcades. CHRIST CHURCH was built in 14th-century style by the late Sir Gilbert Scott. The whole cost was borne by bart. by Sir T. Edward Colebrooke. A ring of bells was given also in 1885 by Mr. William Edward Gibb of Sheerwater Court. Augmentation of the vicarage was made as the provision in 1402. December of the same year granted at Bisham the rectory to the new foundation, remained until 1551 in the Crown. The advowson was before 1624 in the possession of Peter Arpe, had married Elizabeth Orby, heir and sister presented in 1737. The Surrey Archaeological Society have given a detailed account of these boundaries with various etymological explanations. The original contract was for seven thousand five hundred pounds. These lucky residents have now a beautiful view of the nine historic arched bridge. The two other corners are occupied by the pleasant recreation area and a hotel complex. Sheila Mitchell F.R.B.S. Commemorating the story from the 15th century. The Conquest was erected by Earl of Hereford by William FitzOsborn. The same time was fortified with portions with strong walls, arising from tonnage. The parliamentary war adhered to the castle and the royal cause. The market-days are Saturday and Wednesday, Wednesday for corn. The line of the South Wales railway passes by the town. The old passage has been improved by the erection of stone piers. Sir William Montagu's hospital was founded with a rent-charge in 1614. The tithes were commuted in 1805 for money payments and land. The 52nd of Henry III. held the manor by the service of a knight, was the property of Sir William Lucy in the reign of Edward III.. Canal and The river Wey navigation passes within two miles. CHESHIRE bounded by the estuary of the Mersey on the north, extends from 52 ° 56. The time of the Roman invasion formed part of the territory. Cheshire is within the diocese of Chester, includes also part of the Chester. The terms of the grant acquired jura regalia in the exercise within the county. The chamberlain had within the county and the county palatine. The soils contain limestone and chalk, cracks have a mix of sand, clay-sized particles and silt act like sponges. The making of cheese is a principal object of husbandry, the proportion of pasture land. The first bed of salt found of about 40 yards at the depth. The salt is procured in large pans by crystallization and evaporation. The beds of sandstone composing Alderley-Edge are several breaks. Several quarries of excellent Freestone are worked in different parts of the county. A large quantity of muslin is made in Stockport at Macclesfield. Some woollen-cloths are made in the parish of Mottram at the north-eastern extremity of the county. The principal rivers are the Dee, the Weaver and the Mersey. The Mersey forms the boundary below Warrington between Lancashire and this county. The Weaver rises in the south-western part of the county on Bulkeley Heath. The total length of the Weaver navigation is nearly 24 miles. The Huddersfield canal pursues also course within the northern confines of the county for some distance. Liverpool railway and The Birmingham enters the county between Wrinehill and Checkley at Blackenhall. Crewe railway and The Chester runs from the station, commences at Chester. The Sheffield crosses the north-eastern angle of the county. Few Roman remains have been discovered except within the walls of Chester. Buglawton is sulphureous spring and a saline in the cure of scorbutic diseases. This section describes the natural lime status gives a general indication of the soil texture in the 30 upper cm of the soil, provides a general indication of the plant communities. Soils of very low natural fertility are very acid, low numbers of soil-living organisms are associated with a wide range of habitat types. The moderate class contains neutral with a wide range of potential habitats to slightly acid soils. Artificial liming of farmland reduces natural soil acidity. Low-lying sites are affected often by high ground water. Such applications provides comprehensive reporting for specific locations. More detailed soil datasets are also available from CSAI for lease.

YearChertsey
1197Gilbert Fitz Ralph held the latter of the abbey in 1197.
1283Asheridge was founded by Edmund in 1283.
1323Thomas de Hamme held the manor about 1323.
1331The vicarage was ordained formally in 1331.
1381A further settlement of the manor was made in 1381.
1402Augmentation of the vicarage was made as the provision in 1402.
1514A letter written in 1514 by Sir Philip Draycott.
1531Robert Darknold relinquished share in 1531.
15374 d was conveyed as a manor to Henry VIII.
1538John Russell was raised in 1538 to the peerage.
15504 d was granted in 1550.
1551December of the same year remained until 1551 in the Crown.
1553The surrender of the abbey remained until 1553 in the Crown.
1559The market chartered in 1559 by Queen Elizabeth.
1569The manor of Chertsey died before 1569.
1614Sir William Montagu's hospital was founded with a rent-charge in 1614.
1624The advowson was before 1624 in the possession of Peter Arpe.
1643Richard Steere was born in 1643 in Chertsey.
1651Chertsey owned by Sir George Ayscue in 1651.
1670The first bed of fossil rock-salt was found in 1670.
1725A chapel was built in 1725 near the back of the Swan Inn.
1737The advowson presented in 1737.
1745The church was erected in 1745.
1758Woodford died in 1758.
1760A school was founded by Sir William Perkins in 1725.
1763The 18th century Mrs. Pleasance Hall held the estate in 1763 for life.
1772The tower of the church was rebuilt in 1772.
1795Ancient rentals of Woodham Manor were in 1795 in the custody of Mr. Sibthorp.
1805The tithes were commuted in 1805 for money payments and land.
1820A chalybeate spring was discovered in 1820.
1845An infants's school was built in 1845.
1847The county debt-court of Chesham established in 1847.
1861The site of the abbey was bought in 1861.
1863The Wesleyan chapel was built in 1863.
1868A chapel was added in 1868.
1871The Princess Mary Village Homes were established in 1871.
1872A chapel was built in 1725 near the back of the Swan Inn.
1874New Ham School was built in 1874.
1876A chapel was built in 1725 near the back of the Swan Inn.
1882St. Augustine's School was built in 1882.
1887The Village Hall was built by the Addlestone Village Hall Company in 1887.
1889The whole schools were rebuilt in 1889.
1895A school was built in 1895.
1901A boys's school was added in 1901.
1908James Ottaway was born in 1908 in Chertsey.
1924Leslie Lewis was born in 1924 in Chertsey.
1950sLord Brabazon of Tara lived at Longcross at Grangewood.
1961Vaughan Arnell was born in 1961 in Chertsey.
1974The England cricketer Richard Johnson was born in 1974 in Chertsey.
1977Tim Brabants was born in 1977 in Chertsey.
1979Rufus Hound was born in 1979 in Chertsey.
2005Samsung moved there in 2005.

Archbishop of Canterbury is principal leader and the senior bishop, a also president of Churches

Previous article

London Borough of Croydon is a London borough, the southernmost borough of London

Next article

You may also like