The town is served by Beverley railway station. That Yorkshire cathedral town was named for an earlier settlement in the 8th century. The name of the town was changed to Beverlac and Bevreli. Beverley Minster was constructed in 1220, was threatened with demolition, contains a tomb. St Martin's chapel was destroyed also a place of pilgrimage. A dispute arose during the 13th century between the archbishop and local farmers. Henry followed from the Dissolution and Rome through with the break. The Eventually parliamentarians won the civil war, the Commonwealth of England.
Terms of trade Beverley was not rich in the 17th century. The Industrial Revolution retained most agricultural jobs. Communications were improved in 1846 10 with the opening of the Beverley railway station. Andrew Cochrane founded a shipyard on the River Hull at Grovehill, was purchased by Gemmell and Welton by Cook. The yard was leading builder of trawlers for deep-sea fishing fleet for the Hull, closed in 1977 for ship construction. The deep-sea trawler Arctic Corsair preserved now in Hull. A permanent military presence was established with the completion of Victoria Barracks in the town. The war has gone through some remodelling, attracts thousands of tourists, each year. The borough corporation was reformed by the Municipal Corporations Act 1835. Elections became notoriously corrupt that the constituency to the extent. The 1950 general election became part of the Haltemprice constituency in 1955. The school was founded by Saint John of Beverley in 700 AD. Several notable alumni have attended the school, chemist Smithson Tennant.
Beverley High School and Beverley Grammar School share a common sixth form, the Beverley Joint Sixth. Longcroft School is a co-educational school was founded in 1949. The choir is known well in the local area, comprises pupils. The college offers various further education courses from the town for adults and school leavers. Radio stations BBC Radio Humberside serve the whole and the town. Kingstown Hospital Radio serves the East Riding Community Hospital. Methodism is represented also with around three places of worship in Beverley. A 1963 large new chapel was built by local church members. The Beverley Memorial Hall is a local music event Sunday Live also home to the popular Beverley Male Voice Choir. The sport has a long history with evidence of a permanent race track in Beverley. Beverley Westwood is in Yorkshire home to the oldest golf club. Examples include the Sun Inn, the town's oldest public house. Beverley Town Council has run an annual food festival in October. St Mary's Church hosted cider festival and the first real ale.
The festival has moved now to the Beverley Memorial Hall. The East Riding Theatre housed in a former nonconformist chapel. Beverley railway station was opened by North Midland Railway and the York in 1846 10. The railway station designed by George Townsend Andrews. East Yorkshire Motor Services provide regular bus links with Hull city centre. A preceptory was established at the beginning of the 13th century at Beverley. The voluntary offerings collected in the district, made in the district. The church was appropriated in 1279 to the Hospitallers. The manor of Newland was granted by a preceptory and King John to the Knights Hospitallers. The reign of Henry III was Roger Peytevin, lord of Altofts. 15 vessels included three minesweepers, a tug and four trawlers.
|1188||The town suffered a large fire in 1188.|
|1189||Nicholas de Cardinel witnessed a deed in 1189.|
|1201||A preceptory was established at the beginning of the 13th century at Beverley.|
|1220||Beverley Minster was constructed in 1220.|
|1279||The church was appropriated in 1279 to the Hospitallers.|
|1660||The Chapterhouse was demolished in 1660.|
|1878||A permanent military presence was established with the completion of Victoria Barracks in the town.|
|1901||Andrew Cochrane was purchased by Gemmell and Welton by Cook.|
|1949||Longcroft School was founded in 1949.|
|1955||The 1950 general election became part of the Haltemprice constituency in 1955.|
|1977||The barracks closed in 1977.|