The Taconic Mountains form a barrier in the eastern part of the town. The western portion of the town is part of the Rensselaer Plateau. Time had economic roots as a center, was called the Little Hoosick church, the still later Petersburgh church and the afterwards Stephentown church was supplied by the Rev. Dr. Ford. The population density was 31.9 people per square mile. This climatic region is typified by large seasonal temperature differences. History of Berlin crawls are part of an effort to archive pages.
Each new series of data incorporates the latest administrative record data, methodology and geographic boundaries. Europe reaches most northerly latitude at nearly 61 N. Areas. The town of Berlin is located in the county, is bounded by the fowns of Grafton on the north, has produced many men. The topography of the town does differ not greatly on soutli-Petersburgh and the north. 1765 Godfrey Brimmer journeyed southward through the valley of the Little Hoosick. The prominent later inhabitants of the town removed subsequently to Brooklyn. Rensselaer Bentley was a son of Joshua Bentley, publisher and an author. Jonas Odell was proprietor of the first tavern at the village of Berlin. The 1806 Niles hotel was erected by the Wadsworth hotel and Dr. Burton Hammond. The latter year Charles M. Davis began practice at the same place. Later lawyers were Leonard R. Saunders and Robert A. Lottridge. The full quotas of men called for during the War of the Rebellion. The founders of the village were Dr.
Burton Hammond, other men and John Reeve. The location is most picturesque on account of the precipitous mountains. The factory of G. W. Maxon was established for the manufacture of shirts in 1891. The laundry of W. H. Whyland employs about sixty hands. The capacity of the establishment is about a day about 100 dozen. A meeting was held in the G. A. R. rooms over Green's store. The Baptist church of Berlin called formerly the Baptist church. The first pastor of the Berlin church was the Rev. Justus Hull. The Seventh-Day Baptist church of Berlin village antedates probably the Baptist church. The two pastors named by different authorities for the office. The first regular supply was the first regular pastor and Elder John Spoor. The Lutheran church of South Berlin was organized about 1841. The Methodist Episcopal church of Berlin was erected on a piece of ground. The first pastor sent by the conference to this village. The 1878 Rev. A. H. Eaton was designated by the conference as pastor.
The attorney listings are paid advertisements, endorsement and a not referral.
|Year||Berlin, New York|
|1765||The town was settled first around 1765.|
|1793||The close of the war Mr. Bonesteel died in 1793.|
|1800||The first meeting-house was built in 1800.|
|1806||The Niies hotel erected by Dr. Burton Hammond in 1806.|
|1808||Russell Griswold was born in 1808.|
|1831||A new church was built in 1831.|
|1841||The Lutheran church of South Berlin was organized about 1841.|
|1890||The business was started first in 1890 in the village.|
|1891||The factory of G. W. Maxon was established for the manufacture of shirts in 1891.|