Dominguez, Biblioteca Pública Municipal Bda are Cementerio de Nuestra Señora de Cementerio and San Juan, plays host to two golf courses. Badajoz falls under the healthcare region of Área. The Moors became a Moorish kingdom, the Taifa of Badajoz. The reconquista was disputed for several centuries between Portugal and Spain. The city has a degree of eminence, an airport from the town centre, was attacked during the Portuguese Restoration War, receives an 2860 average hours of sunshine, a year are the actors Luis Alcoriza, Manuel.
The city hosted formerly CD Badajoz. Other finds include weapons as everyday items of pottery as swords and axes. Archaeological excavations have revealed remnants from Paleolithic period from the Lower. Artifacts have been found also in the Badajoz area at the Roman town of Colonia Civitas Pacensis. The settlement is mentioned not in Roman villas in Roman history. The 8th century controlled the region until the early 11th century, experienced as the painter Luis a cultural renaissance thanks to personalities. The official foundation of Badajoz was laid around 875 by the Muladi nobleman Ibn Marwan. Ibn Marwan was the seat of an effective autonomous rebel state. The invasion of Badajoz overturned the rule of the Moors. Medieval times dominated the area near Badajoz as the lords of Barcarrota, lost temporarily Barcarrota with the Portuguese after a tiff. The first hospital was founded by Bishop Fray Pedro in the town, founded in 1694 in Badajoz. The Spanish War of Succession was controlled by the Allies, was taken by Spain.
1715 Portugal signed a peace agreement, the Treaty of Badajoz with Spain, does recognize not the Spanish sovereignty, Spanish sovereignty over Olivenza over the Olivenza territory, did recognize not Spanish sovereignty on information on Olivenza. The Peace Treaty of Badajoz was signed between Portugal and Spain. The Portuguese feeling by French troops that an attack. The victorious troops massacred about 4000 Spanish civilians. The war was taken in the Battle of Badajoz by the Nationalists. The catastrophe was caused by extratropical trough by the Atlantic. The newer part of the city is with the university hospital and several industrial estates on the left bank of the river. Geological terms is located in the South Submeseta, was founded on a Paleozoic limestone hill on the banks of the Guadiana River. The municipality of Badajoz contains soils is above sea level. The highest points are located at Cerro and Fuerte San Cristóbal in the Cerro del Viento. The lowest point is the Guadiana River The climate of Badajoz, drastic changes.
The average annual temperature is whereas the coldest average low temperatures. The Extremadura region has a greater relative presence of women. The electoral district was contested first in the 1977 General Election in modern times. Agricultural land was not fertile with no industry of any major importance. The Centro Comercial Abierto Menacho is the largest outdoor shopping centre in Extremadura. Trade thrives from Portugal and the province on customers. The Alcazaba fortress is the most notable structure in the city, was the only important fort on the southern Portuguese frontier, was occupied during the Christian period by the dukes of La Roca, serves presently as the Archeological Museum of Badajoz. Palacio de Congresos is the work of the architects José Selgas. The remains of the original City Hall building are in ruins. The Alcazaba built by Ibn Marwan in the 9th century, served as the primary residences. The Almohad rulers were expelled at the hands of Alfonso in the 13th century.
The Torre has a height, an octagonal plan with a quadrangular structure. The Vauban was built during the war in the 17th century. La Giralda is a replica of the Giralda near Plaza de la Soledad in Sevilla. The structure was completed by a local businessman in 1930. The Puerta was built in 1551, has two cylindrical towers, the entrance door. The towers are fortified with battlements, was used once as a prison. The Real Monasterio is a Christian monastery, in the city in Badajoz, was founded by Ms. Leonor in 1518. The grounds was abbess of the monastery for forty years, was buried in the grounds. The monastery underwent a major transformation although the original structure in the 18th century. The vault of the chancel stands a lookout tower with a lattice brick convent. The Jardines are nestled de the Chemin and Espantaperros between the Torre. The etymology of the gardens stems that the gardens from the fact. The building is located on the site of the old Pretrial Detention, houses housed once. The Museo Provincial is set in two palatial 19th-century homes, is in size. The Museo Arqueológico Provincial is located within the fortress. The Museo Catedralicio is situated on the cathedral grounds, provides a historical journey through the different stages of the building, features also artifacts. The Museo Taurino is located in the city centre, includes posters, objects and photographs from the world of bullfighting. The Museo del Carnaval opened in the Menacho centre in 2007. Plaza de España is in the layout in the centre of the city. Plaza de Cervantes is considered place of importance for the history of Badajoz. Spanish flamenco guitarist Paco performed on the Plaza Alta. Casa Álvarez-Buiza was built by Adel Franco Pinna in the San Juan district. Artistic elements include the use of lime, colorful ceramics and brick with an Andalusian influence. Casa del Cordón is a private house houses currently the Archdiocese. Casa Puebla built in 1921, is in the property and Andalusian style.
The cemeteries are the Cementerio de Cementerio Virgen de San Juan. The Puente known also as Puente Bobo, was rebuilt de Mendoza under D. Diego Hurtado. The bridge was rebuilt once again in 1833, reflects the city's history has remained impassable until today. Further improvements were made during the early 21st century. Puente de la Autonomía Extremeña was completed in 1990, has six spans of viaducts links and a bicycle lane to the Elvas Avenue. The principal theatre is the Teatro López de a grand white-painted theatre de Ayala. The classical music group Banda Municipal established in 1867. The 1998 municipal government established the Municipal School of Music in Badajoz, upset immediately the conservatives introduced also agrarian reforms. Cristóbal Oudrid was born in son of the resident military bandmaster in Badajoz. Christianity became thus the dominant religion in Badajoz, underwent extensive refurbishment. The tower of the cathedral was built in 1542 in the gothic style. Other religious buildings include the Real Monasterio de Convento de Santa Ana. Parroquia de San Juan Bautista situated in a large pink. The club plays at Estadio José Pache, competes in the Liga EBA. The station is the last Spanish railway station before the Portuguese railway system, is expected the station. The civilian airport shares operated by the Spanish Air Force. The two aircraft reception facilities utilize a 2852 metre asphalt runway. Official website Universidad is located in the city's Moorish Alcazaba. The collection of Bronze Age steles is especially relevant. Sin embargo los restos arqueológicos encontrados. The juridicial statute of Olivenza Olivenza is a Portuguese territory. This peninsular litigation lies in the fulfilment of the Vienna Treaty. The seven past years are known concerning the title to Olivenza. The 1988 Portuguese ambassador Carlos Empis Wemans s representative in the International Comission of Portuguese-Spanish Limits. The Olivenza Bridge was built by the Portuguese King Manuel I. The Iberian Summit reached an agreement as a cross-border enterprise about the reconstruction of the Olivenza Bridge. The Portuguese administration considers that the Olivenza territory. Olivenza is situated on the left bank of the River Guadiana in the Alto Alentejo. The territory of Olivenza has got a triangular configuration with two. The Spanish Government claims the restitution of Gibraltar on historical grounds from the United Kingdom. The inhabitants of the town are mainly Spanish colonists is that the Portuguese culture in the rural area of Olivenza. The Treaty of Badajoz stipulated that the breach, was negotiated in conflict between the two parties. The Portuguese silence be taken not as the Portuguese diplomacy as tacit recognition of the Spanish occupation. The result of the agreements celebrated between these two countries. This river was the now border in that region between the two countries. The Spanish-French forces invaded for no other reason by the Spanish-French forces. The Treaty of Paris annuls only directly the above-mentioned treaties. Other measures included transferring right-wing military leaders. The Aragón offensive took control of Belchite, Lérida and Caspe played also role. These climates occur usually on the western sides of continents. Colour coded comparison tables, similarities and differences.
|1485||The first hospital was founded by Bishop Fray Pedro in the town.|
|1518||The Real Monasterio was founded by Ms. Leonor in 1518.|
|1542||The tower of the cathedral was built in 1542 in the gothic style.|
|1551||The Puerta was built in 1551.|
|1556||The Brotherhood of St. Joseph founded in 1556.|
|1694||The first hospital founded in 1694 in Badajoz.|
|1807||This agreement was revoked in 1807.|
|1833||The bridge was rebuilt once again in 1833.|
|1867||The classical music group Banda Municipal established in 1867.|
|1918||Casa Álvarez-Buiza was built by Adel Franco Pinna in the San Juan district.|
|1921||Casa Puebla built in 1921.|
|1930||The structure was completed by a local businessman in 1930.|
|1990||Puente de la Autonomía Extremeña was completed in 1990.|
|2006||The Institución Ferial established in 2006.|
|2007||The Museo del Carnaval opened in the Menacho centre in 2007.|