Albion is bordered by Ballarat Road on the north, has many period homes as 1940s weatherboard houses and California bungalows. The suburb is surrounded completely except for Ardeer by other parts of Sunshine. The area was called originally Darlington known originally as Albion. 1885 began operations in The disused Albion quarry in the area, was H. V. McKay of Sunshine Harvester Works fame, the Sunshine Estate. A notable landmark of Albion is Son Flour Mill and the red brick John Darling. Metropolitan buses service Albion station and the suburb.
Cyclists are represented by the Brimbank Bicycle User Group by BrimBUG. The Kororoit Creek Trail runs along Albion's western perimeter. The Albion Cats are the local Australian rules football team compete in the Western Region Football League.